Centers of Excellence
Advanced Prostate Cancer
From the Editor
Crashing into progress: New findings meet old habits
In the last few weeks I have talked with numerous colleagues about the findings from LATITUDE and STAMPEDE presented recently at the ASCO Annual Meeting and published in the New England Journal of Medicine in June 2017. We find ourselves in the process of integrating the findings into a treatment landscape that is still grappling with the findings of CHAARTED, data demonstrating a survival benefit from the use of chemohormonal therapy in a similar high risk population of men with metastatic hormone sensitive prostate cancer (mHSPC) first presented only a few years ago.
Alicia Morgans, MD, MPH
Alicia Morgans, MD, MPH is the Assistant Professor of medicine in the Division of Hematology/Oncology at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center in Nashville, Tennessee. She specializes in the treatment of genitourinary malignancies, including cancers of the prostate, bladder and testis (germ cell) and penis. Dr. Morgans’ research focus is on complications of prostate cancer survivorship and treatment decision making in advanced prostate cancer.
- CUA 2017: What’s New in Patient-Reported Outcomes Following Treatment for Localized Prostate Cancer? June 27, 2017
- CUA 2017: Four vs. 10 Months of Induction Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Intermittent Therapy (the FIT trial): A Prospective Canadian Urology Research Consortium Randomized Trial June 27, 2017
- CUA 2017: The Prevalence and Biopsychosocial Predictors of Suicidality in Men with Prostate Cancer June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Changes in the Outcome of Prostate Biopsies after Preventive Task Force Recommendation Against PSA Screening. June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Potential Role of a Novel Urinary Biomarker-Based Risk Score to Select Patients for Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Prostate Cancer Detection June 26, 2017
- Many vs. Cancer: First Major Global Crowd funding Effort to Defeat Prostate Cancer
- A Look at the Prostate Cancer Foundation Its History and Contributions to Medical Progress: Interview with Stuart Holden
- Optimizing subcutaneous injection of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor antagonist degarelix.
- The PRONOUNCE Trial for patients with advanced prostate cancer and cardiovascular disease receiving degarelix or leuprolide.
- Degarelix therapy for prostate cancer in a real-world setting: experience from the German IQUO (Association for Uro-Oncological Quality Assurance) Firmagon® registry.