Centers of Excellence
Advanced Prostate Cancer
From the Editor
Should Everyone with Prostate Cancer be on a Statin?
Alicia Morgans, MD, MPH
Alicia Morgans, MD, MPH is an Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hematology/Oncology at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. She completed her MD and internal medicine residency at the University Of Pennsylvania Perelman School Of Medicine, and her fellowship at Dana Farber Cancer Institute/MGH Cancer Center. She is a clinician and physician investigator specializing is investigating complications of systemic therapy for prostate cancer survivors. Her work has included the study of skeletal, cardiovascular, diabetic, and cognitive complications of prostate cancer survivorship, as well as treatment decision making in the metastatic prostate cancer population. She has expertise in clinical trials and patient reported outcome measures, and as well as incorporating patient preferences and beliefs into clinical decision making.
- CUA 2017: What’s New in Patient-Reported Outcomes Following Treatment for Localized Prostate Cancer? June 27, 2017
- CUA 2017: Four vs. 10 Months of Induction Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Intermittent Therapy (the FIT trial): A Prospective Canadian Urology Research Consortium Randomized Trial June 27, 2017
- CUA 2017: The Prevalence and Biopsychosocial Predictors of Suicidality in Men with Prostate Cancer June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Changes in the Outcome of Prostate Biopsies after Preventive Task Force Recommendation Against PSA Screening. June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Potential Role of a Novel Urinary Biomarker-Based Risk Score to Select Patients for Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Prostate Cancer Detection June 26, 2017
- Many vs. Cancer: First Major Global Crowd funding Effort to Defeat Prostate Cancer
- A Look at the Prostate Cancer Foundation Its History and Contributions to Medical Progress: Interview with Stuart Holden
- Optimizing subcutaneous injection of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor antagonist degarelix.
- The PRONOUNCE Trial for patients with advanced prostate cancer and cardiovascular disease receiving degarelix or leuprolide.
- Degarelix therapy for prostate cancer in a real-world setting: experience from the German IQUO (Association for Uro-Oncological Quality Assurance) Firmagon® registry.