Centers of Excellence
The Latest Research on Bladder Health
From the Editor
After reading a front-page article, How Profiteers Coax Women Into Surgery, in the New York Times, I knew I had to write this blog. The article describes the business case for exploiting women who have had a mesh implant for surgical treatment of pelvic floor disorders, e.g. pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence. The author notes “Litigation against implants’ manufacturers has involved more than 100,000 plaintiffs in federal court alone.” But we know that not all women who undergo mesh-implant surgery have mesh-related post-operative complications.
Diane K. Newman, DNP, ANP-BC, FAAN is an Adjunct Professor of Urology in Surgery, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania and Co-Director of the Penn Center for Continence and Pelvic Health. She is the author of several books. The most recent is as lead editor of the 1st edition of the SUNA Core Curriculum for Urologic Nursing and of Clinical Application of Urologic Catheters, Devices and Products.
2018 International Continence Society
- ICS 2018: What is the Evidence-base for Treatment of Recurrent UTIs in Women? August 31, 2018
- ICS 2018: Efficacy of AV002, an Emulsified Microdose Vasopressin Analog for Rapid Nocturia August 30, 2018
AUA 2018 Lower Urinary Tract Conditions – Nocturia
- AUA 2018: A Prospective Study to Evaluate Efficacy with the Nuro™ Percutaneous Tibial Neuromodulation System in Drug Naïve Patients with Overactive Bladder Syndrome May 21, 2018
- AUA 2018: Association Between Overactive Bladder Severity and Bold fMRI Brain Activity May 21, 2018
- AUA 2018: Noctiva: Addressing a Nighttime Condition with Daytime Consequences May 20, 2018
- AUA 2018: Clinical Evaluation and Treatment of Nocturia is Modest at Best May 19, 2018
- AUA 2018: What’s Keeping You Up at Night? Nocturia as a Primary Complaint May 19, 2018
- AUA 2018: Advances in Diagnosis & Management in Nocturia May 19, 2018
SUFU WM 2018
- SUFU 2018: The Effects of Augmentation Cystoplasty and Botulinum Toxin Use on Patient Reported Bladder Function March 4, 2018
- SUFU 2018: Randomized Controlled Trial of Group-Administered Behavioral Treatment in Reducing Urinary Incontinence in Adult Women March 4, 2018
- SUFU 2018: A Novel Sacral Neuromodulation Infection Protocol is Associated with Reduction in Device Infection March 3, 2018
- SUFU 2018: Safety and Efficacy of Onabotulinumtoxina Injections in Octo and Nonagenarians March 2, 2018
- Management of Nocturia | SUFU 2018 March 2, 2018
- SUFU 2018: Clinical Experience with Posterior Tibial Nerve Stimulation in the Elderly March 2, 2018
- SUFU 2018: Pathophysiology of Nocturia March 2, 2018
- SUFU 2018: 5 Year Results of The Prostatic Urethral LIFT Pivotal Study March 2, 2018
- SUFU 2018: Management of Stress Urinary Incontinence in the Female Underactive Bladder March 2, 2018
- SUFU 2018: The Pathophysiology and Future of Underactive Bladder March 2, 2018
- SUFU 2018: Management of LUTS in the Male Underactive Bladder March 2, 2018
- SUFU 2018: AUA/SUFU SUI Guidelines March 1, 2018
- SUFU 2018: Effect of Age on Outcomes Of Transvaginal Native Tissue Repairs for Apical Vaginal Prolapse March 1, 2018
AUA 2017 Prostate Cancer
AUA 2017 Press Releases
- Velicept Therapeutics Initiates First of Two Phase 2b Dose-Ranging Studies of Solabegron in Patients with Overactive Bladder; Finalizes Novel, Once Daily Formulation; and Receives U.S. Patent Covering OAB
- New Data Demonstrating Enobosarm’s Potential to Treat Stress Urinary Incontinence -Presented at SUFU 2018.
- Association of Pharmacologic Treatment of Urgency Urinary Incontinence With Sleep Quality and Daytime Sleepiness.
- Sleep Quality and Daytime Sleepiness Among Women With Urgency Predominant Urinary Incontinence.