Centers of Excellence
From the Editor
From the Desk of the Editor
Welcome to the new Imaging Center of Excellence (Imaging CoE) on UroToday.com. As a practicing radiologist and nuclear medicine physician, the content on this website has been extremely useful as a tool to learn about clinical urology and urologic oncology. By gaining a deeper understanding of the daily challenges and advancements in the urologic sciences, I have been able to tailor my practice to better meet the needs of my urology and oncology colleagues. With the creation of a new dedicated section on imaging and nuclear medicine therapies, we hope to expand the scope of this resource and build a multi-disciplinary, content driven destination for all topics related to GU radiology and nuclear medicine.
Phillip J. Koo, MD, FACS
Phillip J. Koo, MD is the Division Chief of Diagnostic Imaging at the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center in Arizona. Prior to this, he was Chief of Nuclear Medicine and Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Dr. Koo completed his transitional internship at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center-Presbyterian, radiology residency at Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Health System, and fellowship at the Harvard Medical School Joint Program in Nuclear Medicine. He is a diplomate of both the American Board of Radiology (ABR) and American Board of Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Koo is an active member of multiple societies and serves on the scientific program committee for the Radiological Society of North America, nuclear radiology certifying exam committee for the ABR, and is the Chair of the Quality and Evidence Committee for the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- CUA 2017: Correlation of Transperineal Prostate Biopsy-Detected Cancer with Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Predicted Lesion in Patients with Previous Negative Transrectal Ultrasound-Guided Prostate Biopsies June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Potential Role of a Novel Urinary Biomarker-Based Risk Score to Select Patients for Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Prostate Cancer Detection June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Targeted vs. Systematic Biopsies in Men on Active Surveillance: Results of a Prospective, Randomized Canadian Urology Research Consortium Trial. June 25, 2017
- CUA 2017: Defining a Cohort of Men Who May Not Require Repeat Prostate Biopsy Based on Negative Predictive Value of PCA3 and MRI Combined: The Double-Negative Effect June 25, 2017
- CUA 2017: Chemotherapy and Novel Hormones in “Low Volume” Hormone-Sensitive Metastatic Prostate Cancer June 25, 2017
- First Human Application of Novel PET Tracer for Prostate Cancer
- Preclinical Evaluation of 11C-Sarcosine as a Substrate of Proton-Coupled Amino Acid Transporters and First Human Application in Prostate Cancer.
- Patterns of failure after radical prostatectomy in prostate cancer – implications for radiation therapy planning after 68Ga-PSMA-PET imaging: Beyond the Abstract
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT: Beyond the Abstract
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT