Centers of Excellence
From the Editor
From the Desk of the Editor
Welcome to the new Imaging Center of Excellence (Imaging CoE) on UroToday.com. As a practicing radiologist and nuclear medicine physician, the content on this website has been extremely useful as a tool to learn about clinical urology and urologic oncology. By gaining a deeper understanding of the daily challenges and advancements in the urologic sciences, I have been able to tailor my practice to better meet the needs of my urology and oncology colleagues. With the creation of a new dedicated section on imaging and nuclear medicine therapies, we hope to expand the scope of this resource and build a multi-disciplinary, content driven destination for all topics related to GU radiology and nuclear medicine.
Phillip J. Koo, MD, FACS
Phillip J. Koo, MD is the Division Chief of Diagnostic Imaging at the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center in Arizona. Prior to this, he was Chief of Nuclear Medicine and Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Dr. Koo completed his transitional internship at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center-Presbyterian, radiology residency at Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Health System, and fellowship at the Harvard Medical School Joint Program in Nuclear Medicine. He is a diplomate of both the American Board of Radiology (ABR) and American Board of Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Koo is an active member of multiple societies and serves on the scientific program committee for the Radiological Society of North America, nuclear radiology certifying exam committee for the ABR, and is the Chair of the Quality and Evidence Committee for the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
ASCO GU 2017 Penile, Urethral & Testicular Cancer
- ASCO GU 2017: How best to treat locally advanced penile cancer: radiation versus surgery - Session Highlights February 18, 2017
ASCO GU 2017 Kidney Cancer
- ASCO GU 2017: Novel Imaging Modality: Radiographic Biopsy - Session Highlights February 18, 2017
- ASCO GU 2017: Contemporary Role of Percutaneous Biopsy for the Small Renal Mass - Session Highlights February 18, 2017
- ASCO GU 2017: Best of journals: Renal Cell Carcinoma - Radiologist - Session Highlights February 18, 2017
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT: Beyond the Abstract
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT
- A Prospective Trial of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) Incorporating a Simultaneous Integrated Boost for Prostate Cancer: Long-term Outcomes Compared With Standard Image Guided IMRT: Beyond the Abstract
- Comparison of standard and delayed imaging to improve the detection rate of [(68)Ga]PSMA I&T PET/CT in patients with biochemical recurrence or prostate-specific antigen persistence after primary therapy for prostate cancer.
- (68)Ga-PSMA PET/CT: Joint EANM and SNMMI procedure guideline for prostate cancer imaging: version 1.0.