Centers of Excellence
From the Editor
Stepping Into the Light: "Radiologist Dies Upon Immediate Exposure to Sunlight.”
“We can’t believe it, he left us far too young,” explained family medicine physician Miranda Sawyer, scrolling through X-rays as “Jack would’ve wanted.” She continued. “His bright and shining face always kept us smiling. I mean that metaphorically, of course. It’s always dark in Radiology. You could never see him.” For reasons unclear, Jack Lambert stepped outside at approximately 2:19 PM when the glowing orb known as the sun was still present.
Phillip J. Koo, MD, FACS
Phillip J. Koo, MD is the Division Chief of Diagnostic Imaging at the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center in Arizona. Prior to this, he was Chief of Nuclear Medicine and Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Dr. Koo completed his transitional internship at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center-Presbyterian, radiology residency at Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Health System, and fellowship at the Harvard Medical School Joint Program in Nuclear Medicine. He is a diplomate of both the American Board of Radiology (ABR) and American Board of Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Koo is an active member of multiple societies and serves on the scientific program committee for the Radiological Society of North America, nuclear radiology certifying exam committee for the ABR, and is the Chair of the Quality and Evidence Committee for the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
ESMO 2017 Prostate Cancer
- CUA 2017: Correlation of Transperineal Prostate Biopsy-Detected Cancer with Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Predicted Lesion in Patients with Previous Negative Transrectal Ultrasound-Guided Prostate Biopsies June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Potential Role of a Novel Urinary Biomarker-Based Risk Score to Select Patients for Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Prostate Cancer Detection June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Targeted vs. Systematic Biopsies in Men on Active Surveillance: Results of a Prospective, Randomized Canadian Urology Research Consortium Trial. June 25, 2017
- CUA 2017: Defining a Cohort of Men Who May Not Require Repeat Prostate Biopsy Based on Negative Predictive Value of PCA3 and MRI Combined: The Double-Negative Effect June 25, 2017
- Theranostics: Paintball Targeting of Cancer Cells Combined with Precision Therapy
- Systemic Radioligand Therapy with (177)Lu Labeled Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen Ligand for Imaging and Therapy in Patients with Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer.
- First Human Application of Novel PET Tracer for Prostate Cancer
- Preclinical Evaluation of 11C-Sarcosine as a Substrate of Proton-Coupled Amino Acid Transporters and First Human Application in Prostate Cancer.
- Patterns of failure after radical prostatectomy in prostate cancer – implications for radiation therapy planning after 68Ga-PSMA-PET imaging: Beyond the Abstract