Centers of Excellence
The Latest Research on CRPC with Bone Metastases
From the Editor
As a physician, I probably don’t think about my own health as much as you might guess, but last month I underwent an executive physical (full disclosure: my wife signed me up and my Duke benefits covered it, otherwise I would not be talking about this). Labs, physical, stress test, bone and muscle density testing; nutrition, exercise and stress counseling, the whole gamut.
Daniel George is Professor of Medicine and Surgery, Divisions of Medical Oncology and Urology in the Duke University School of Medicine and leads the Duke Prostate and Urologic Cancer Center. He also has appointments in the Duke Clinical Research Institute and the Duke Cancer Institute where he is the Director of Genitourinary (GU) Oncology. Daniel George has led the Duke site for the Department of Defense (DOD) Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium since 2006.
ESMO 2018 Prostate Cancer
- ESMO 2018: Treatment of Asymptomatic or Mildly Symptomatic Chemotherapy-Naïve Patients with Bone-Predominant mCRPC October 19, 2018
- ESMO 2018: ERA 223 - A Phase 3 Trial of Ra-223 in Combination with Abiraterone Acetate & Prednisone for the Treatment of Asymptomatic or Mildly Symptomatic Chemotherapy-Naïve Patients with mCRPC October 19, 2018
SUO 2017 - Prostate Cancer
- SUO 2017: Circulating Tumor DNA and Clinical Outcomes in Metastatic Prostate Cancer December 3, 2017
- SUO 2017: Predictors Of Early Disease Specific Mortality Among Patients With Prostate Adenocarcinoma Bone Metastasis At Diagnosis December 1, 2017
- SIU 2017: Bone Targeted Treatment in Advanced Prostate Cancer October 21, 2017
ESMO 2017 Prostate Cancer
- ESMO 2017: The Future of Targeted Alpha Therapy September 9, 2017
- ESMO 2017: Case Studies in mCRPC – Navigating the Increasingly Busy Waters September 9, 2017
- CUA 2017: Analysis of Real-World use of Radium-223 in Ontario June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Predictors of Early Disease-Specific Mortality Among Patients with Prostate Adenocarcinoma and Bone Metastasis at Diagnosis June 25, 2017
- TAT-10: Radium 223 from Bench to Bedside, and Future Directions for Targeted Alpha Therapy June 21, 2017
- TAT-10: High-resolution Alpha Camera imaging as a tool for developing Targeted Alpha Therapy June 21, 2017
- TAT-10: Optimization of the patient dosimetry in alphatherapy June 21, 2017
- TAT-10: Reduction of Radiation Exposure to the Large Intestine During Ra223 Alpha Therapy with Oral Administration of Barium Sulfate June 21, 2017
- TAT-10: Changes to Alkaline Phosphatase Dynamics and Overall Survival in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Patients Treated with Radium-223 in an International Early Access Program June 21, 2017
ASCO 2017 Prostate Cancer
- ASCO 2017: Phase 2 biomarker-driven study of ipilimumab plus nivolumab (Ipi/Nivo) for ARV7-positive metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) June 6, 2017
- ASCO 2017: Whole blood androgen receptor variant expression and overall survival in metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer June 6, 2017
IPCU 2017 Prostate Cancer
- Changes in alkaline phosphatase (ALP) dynamics and overall survival (OS) in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) patients treated with radium-223. February 7, 2017
AUA 2016 CRPC w/ bone metastases
- AUA 2016: Radium-223 re-treatment: Experience from an international, multicenter, prospective study in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer and bone metastases - Session Highlights May 9, 2016
EAU 2016 - Prostate Cancer
- EAU 2016 Radium-223 (Ra-223) re-treatment (re-tx): Experience from an international, multicenter, prospective study in patients (pts) with castration-resistant prostate cancer and bone metastases (mCRPC) - Poster Session Highlights March 15, 2016
ASCO GU 2016 mCRPC Treatment
- ASCO GU 2016 Radium-223 (Ra-223) re-treatment (Re-tx): First experience from an international, multicenter, prospective study in patients (Pts) with castration-resistant prostate cancer and bone metastases (mCRPC). - Poster Session Highlights April 20, 2016
ASCO GU 2016 Prostate Cancer
- ASCO GU 2016 Phase II clinical study of radium-223 chloride (BAY 88-8223) in Japanese patients with symptomatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) with bone metastases. - Session Highlights May 23, 2016
- ASCO GU 2016 Changes in T cell immunity in patients with metastatic castration resistant prostate treated with Radium-223 treatment. – Poster Session Highlights January 7, 2016
- Targeted Alpha Therapy, an Emerging Class of Cancer Agents - A Review
- Duke Researchers Awarded $1 Million For Prostate Cancer Research
- Microscopic Imaging Pierces the “Black Box” of Cancer Bone Metastasis
- Radium-223 for primary bone metastases in patients with hormone-sensitive prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy.
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT: Beyond the Abstract
- Radium-223 and concomitant therapies in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: an international, early access, open-label, single-arm phase 3b trial.
- Treatment landscape of metastatic prostate cancer: the role of radium-223.
- Radium-223 in Heavily Pretreated Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer.
- Chemotherapy following radium-223 dichloride treatment in ALSYMPCA.
- Patient-reported quality of life analysis of radium-223 dichloride from the phase 3 ALSYMPCA study.
- Health Economics and Radium-223 (Xofigo®) in the Treatment of Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC): A Case History and a Systematic Review of the Literature.
- When Men With Advanced Prostate Cancer Aren’t Speaking, Clinicians Must Encourage Talk About Emerging Symptoms - A Conversation with Neal Shore
- Radium-223 dichloride: illustrating the benefits of a multidisciplinary approach for patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer