Centers of Excellence
CRPC with Bone Metastases
From the Editor
Understanding treatment options for prostate cancer patients with symptomatic bone metastases
Our ability to offer a multitude of effective therapies for the advanced prostate cancer patient continues forward, enhancing patient outcomes while minimizing quality of life untoward effects. Radium 223 (Xofigo), approved in May 2013, is the most recently approved and efficacious advanced prostate cancer (PCa) treatment, receiving level one guidelines endorsements from AUA, EAU, ASCO, ESMO, and NCCN. This addition of CRPC Bone Metastases: Center of Excellence, highlights 3 important publications, each with novel information which supports the clinician responsible for advanced PCa patients with bone metastases burden, the predominant site of metastatic location with well documented meta-analyses for advanced PCa patients worldwide.
Neal Shore, MD, FACS
Neal Shore, MD, is an internationally recognized expert in systemic therapies for patients with advanced urologic cancers and innovative therapies to treat patients suffering from prostate enlargement symptoms. Dr. Shore was recently appointed President of the Large Urology Group Practice Association (LUGPA), which seeks to provide urologists with all the tools they need to effectively care for patients.
Dr. Shore is the Medical Director of the Carolina Urologic Research Center. He practices with Atlantic Urology Clinics in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Dr. Shore has conducted more than 300 clinical trials, focusing mainly on prostate and bladder disease. Dr. Shore is a Certified Physician Investigator who has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and has lectured extensively on the treatment of prostate cancer and prostate enlargement. He serves on several industry advisory boards as well as academic and advocacy networks: including the Society Urologic Oncology Clinical Trials Consortium, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network,and the Large Urology Group Practice Association.. Dr. Shore is the editor-in-chief of UroToday’s print publication, Everyday Urology- Oncology Insights.
SUO 2017 - Prostate Cancer
- SUO 2017: Circulating Tumor DNA and Clinical Outcomes in Metastatic Prostate Cancer December 3, 2017
- SUO 2017: Predictors Of Early Disease Specific Mortality Among Patients With Prostate Adenocarcinoma Bone Metastasis At Diagnosis December 1, 2017
- SIU 2017: Bone Targeted Treatment in Advanced Prostate Cancer October 21, 2017
ESMO 2017 Prostate Cancer
- ESMO 2017: The Future of Targeted Alpha Therapy September 9, 2017
- ESMO 2017: Case Studies in mCRPC – Navigating the Increasingly Busy Waters September 9, 2017
- Radium-223 for primary bone metastases in patients with hormone-sensitive prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy.
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT: Beyond the Abstract
- Radium-223 and concomitant therapies in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: an international, early access, open-label, single-arm phase 3b trial.
- Treatment landscape of metastatic prostate cancer: the role of radium-223.
- Radium-223 in Heavily Pretreated Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer.