Centers of Excellence
CRPC with Bone Metastases
From the Editor
From the Desk of the Editor
Welcome to the Center of Excellence on Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC) with Bone Metastases. I am Dr. Neal Shore, MD, FACS, CPI, Director of the Carolina Urologic Research Center (CURC), Atlantic Urology Clinics, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Founded in 1998, CURC is currently supported by 13 Urologists, 3 Radiation Oncologists, 1 Pathologist, 10 Advanced Practice Providers, and a team of 10 fulltime research and administrative CURC personnel.
Neal Shore, MD, FACS
Neal Shore, MD, is an internationally recognized expert in systemic therapies for patients with advanced urologic cancers and innovative therapies to treat patients suffering from prostate enlargement symptoms. Dr. Shore was recently appointed President of the Large Urology Group Practice Association (LUGPA), which seeks to provide urologists with all the tools they need to effectively care for patients.
Dr. Shore is the Medical Director of the Carolina Urologic Research Center. He practices with Atlantic Urology Clinics in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Dr. Shore has conducted more than 300 clinical trials, focusing mainly on prostate and bladder disease. Dr. Shore is a Certified Physician Investigator who has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and has lectured extensively on the treatment of prostate cancer and prostate enlargement. He serves on several industry advisory boards as well as academic and advocacy networks: including the Society Urologic Oncology Clinical Trials Consortium, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network,and the Large Urology Group Practice Association.. Dr. Shore is the editor-in-chief of UroToday’s print publication, Everyday Urology- Oncology Insights.
- CUA 2017: Analysis of Real-World use of Radium-223 in Ontario June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Predictors of Early Disease-Specific Mortality Among Patients with Prostate Adenocarcinoma and Bone Metastasis at Diagnosis June 25, 2017
- TAT-10 Special Lunchtime Seminar: Radium 223 from Bench to Bedside, and Future Directions for Targeted Alpha Therapy June 21, 2017
- TAT-10: High-resolution Alpha Camera imaging as a tool for developing Targeted Alpha Therapy June 21, 2017
- TAT-10: Optimization of the patient dosimetry in alphatherapy June 21, 2017
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT: Beyond the Abstract
- Radium-223 and concomitant therapies in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: an international, early access, open-label, single-arm phase 3b trial.
- Treatment landscape of metastatic prostate cancer: the role of radium-223.
- Radium-223 in Heavily Pretreated Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer.
- Chemotherapy following radium-223 dichloride treatment in ALSYMPCA.