Centers of Excellence
M0 Prostate Cancer
From the Editor
From the Desk of the Editor
Welcome to the initiation of the nonmetastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (nmCRPC) Center of Excellence.
Until February, 2018 and the milestone ASCO GU presentations of the Phase III trials, SPARTAN and PROSPER, there did not exist a globally conducted trial demonstrating level one evidence via a randomized, prospective, blinded, placebo controlled protocol whereby an oral pharmacologic agents provided a significant delay in metastases free survival(MFS). In reviewing the AUA castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) index cases and the recommendation for systemic therapeutic intervention, only index Case1, an nmCRPC patient, lacked level one evidence for any regulatory approved medication.
Neal Shore, MD, FACS
Neal Shore, MD, is an internationally recognized expert in systemic therapies for patients with advanced urologic cancers and innovative therapies to treat patients suffering from prostate enlargement symptoms. Dr. Shore was recently appointed President of the Large Urology Group Practice Association (LUGPA), which seeks to provide urologists with all the tools they need to effectively care for patients.
Dr. Shore is the Medical Director of the Carolina Urologic Research Center. He practices with Atlantic Urology Clinics in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Dr. Shore has conducted more than 300 clinical trials, focusing mainly on prostate and bladder disease. Dr. Shore is a Certified Physician Investigator who has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and has lectured extensively on the treatment of prostate cancer and prostate enlargement. He serves on several industry advisory boards as well as academic and advocacy networks: including the Society Urologic Oncology Clinical Trials Consortium, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network,and the Large Urology Group Practice Association.. Dr. Shore is the editor-in-chief of UroToday’s print publication, Everyday Urology- Oncology Insights.
EAU 2018 Prostate Cancer
- EAU 2018: CRPC: New Drugs and Sequencing March 18, 2018
ASCO GU 2018 Prostate Cancer
- ASCO GU 2018: Review of First Presentation: SPARTAN and PROSPER February 9, 2018
- ASCO GU 2018: First Presentation - SPARTAN: A Study of Apalutamide (ARN-509) in Men with Non-Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer February 9, 2018
- ASCO GU 2018: First Presentation - PROSPER: Safety and Efficacy Study of Enzalutamide in Patients With Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (nmCRPC) February 9, 2018
ASCO GU 2018 Press
- Non metastatic CRPC: The Five Essentials - Charles Ryan February 1, 2018