Highlights from AUA 2017 Annual Meeting
AUA 2017 Prostate Cancer
- AUA 2017: Early Cardiovascular Morbidity in a Pilot Prospective Randomized Trial Comparing LHRH Agonist and Antagonist Among Patients with Advanced Prostate Cancer.
- AUA 2017: Relationship Between Quality of Life and Overall Survival in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate cancer patients in ALSYMPCA: Analysis by Prior Docetaxel Subgroup
- AUA 2017: Population-based analysis in treatment toxicity among men with castration-resistant prostate cancer
- AUA 2017: Novel therapies targeting androgen receptor variant in an in vitro model of castrate resistant prostate cancer.
- AUA 2017: Risk of hospitalization following outpatient prostate brachytherapy
AUA 2017 Bladder Cancer
- AUA 2017: Trends in surgical approach and outcomes for radical cystectomy: a contemporary population-based analysis
- AUA 2017: Impact of prostate involvement on outcomes in patients treated with radical cystoprostatectomy for bladder cancer
- AUA 2017: Bladder cancers are not all the same: de novo muscle invasive disease has improved survival compared to invasive disease progressing after intravesical therapy
- AUA 2017: Comparison of total 90 day costs for open versus robotic cystectomy
- AUA 2017: Venous thromboembolism rates following radical cystectomy stratified by method of prophylaxis
AUA 2017 Kidney Cancer
- AUA 2018: Inferior Vena Cava Level II Tumor Thrombectomy: Which is Best: Robot or Open?
- AUA 2017: Best Abstract – Are the current follow-up guidelines after treatment for organ confined renal cancer sufficient?
- AUA 2017: Best Abstract – Liquid biopsy for renal cell carcinoma
- AUA 2017: A molecular scoring algorithm to predict survival in metastatic renal cell carcinoma
- AUA 2017: Thromboembolic events during treatment for renal cell carcinoma: must we prevent?
AUA 2017 Testis & Penile Cancers
- AUA 2017: Survival Analysis of patients with T2 penile cancer who received inguinal lymph node dissection: Results from the National Cancer Database
- AUA 2017: Oncological Outcomes And Patterns Of Recurrence Of Penile Sparing Approaches For Carcinoma Of The Penis: A Retrospective, Multicenter Cohort Analysis
- AUA 2017: Tumor Board – Testis Cancer
AUA 2017 BPH
- AUA 2017: Urological Association of Asia (UAA) Lecture: A Critical Look at Surgical Options for BPH
- AUA 2017: WATER Study Clinical Results – Phase III Double-blind Randomized Control Trial of Aquablation vs. Transurethral Resection of the Prostate for Moderate-to-Severe Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- AUA 2017: Robotic Simple Prostatectomy: The USC Experience
- AUA 2017: Thulium Laser Vaporesection of the Prostate and Bipolar Transurethral Resection of the Prostate in Patients With Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia – Single Center Prospective Randomized Study
- AUA 2017: 5 Year Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Study Results on the Minimally Invasive Prostatic Urethral Lift (PUL)
AUA 2017 GU Reconstruction
- AUA 2017: Incidence of Stress Incontinence Following Posterior Urethroplasty Among Radiation-Induced Posterior Urethral Stenoses
- AUA 2017: Quality of life among men after after Rectourethral fistula repair
- AUA 2017: Point-Counterpoint Debate: Refractory Urge Incontinence - Which Comes First?
- AUA 2017: What You Need to Know about Treating Interstitial Cystitis
- AUA 2017: Artificial Urinary Sphincters
AUA 2017 Infections & Inflammation
- AUA 2017: Urine Based Rapid Molecular Diagnosis of Zika Virus
- AUA 2017: Practice patterns across specialties in the treatment of women with recurrent UTIs in an academic healthcare system
- AUA 2017: Early Discharge Following Decompression For Sepsis and an Obstructing Stone? A Multi-institutional Study to Identify Predictors of Antibiotic Sensitivity
- AUA 2017: Endometriosis – Urinary Tract Involvement and Predictive Factors for Major Surgery
- AUA 2017: Risk factor assessment for fluoroquinolone resistant E. coli (FRE) in bowel flora is not sufficiently discriminatory: the case for a pre-biopsy rectal swab in all patients
AUA 2017 Sexual Function
- AUA 2017: NHANES: Nearly Half of US Men Test Positive for HPV, Yet Vaccination Rates Lag and Recommendations Demur
- AUA 2017: Convective Radiofrequency Water Vapor Energy Ablation (Rezum) Effectively Treats Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Due to Benign Prostatic Enlargement Regardless of Obesity While Preserving Erectile and Ejaculatory Function
- AUA 2017: Risk Factors For Erectile Dysfunction In A Population Based Cohort
- AUA 2017: Calculated Free T and T:E Ratio but not Total Testosterone and Estradiol Predict Low Libido
- AUA 2017: Prevalence of Hormonal Abnormalities in Young Men with Erectile Dysfunction
AUA 2017 Stone Disease - Endourology & Technology
- AUA 2017: Panel Discussion: Advances in Imaging in Urologic Oncology
- AUA 2017: Big Renal Angiomyolipoma: The 4 cm size limit for conservative management should be revisited?
- AUA 2017: Quantitative Digital Image Analysis and Machine Learning Accurately Classifies Primary Prostate Tumors of Bone Metastatic Disease Based on Histomorphometric Features in Diagnostic Prostate Needle Biopsies
- AUA 2017: Polyurethanes for Urinary Stents: A Study on Materials’ Stone Encrustation Performances
- AUA 2017: Randomized Clinical Trial of Treatment With Tamsulosin Begun In The Emergency Department To Promote Passage Of Urinary Stones
AUA 2017 Urinary Incontinence
- AUA 2017: AUA Guideline 2017: Stress Urinary Incontinence
- AUA 2017: Long-term combination treatment with solifenacin and mirabegron is effective and well-tolerated in patients with overactive bladder
- AUA 2017: Specific changes in brain activity in women with overactive bladder after successful sacral neuromodulation with Interstim: An fMRI study.
- AUA 2017: Association between urinary symptom severity and automated segmentation of white matter plaque in women with multiple sclerosis
- AUA 2017: Is a Group Learning Behavioral Modification Program Effective and Safe in Reducing Geriatric Urinary Incontinence? A Multi-Center Randomized Controlled Trial
AUA 2017 Press Releases
- AUA 2017: Studies Raise Concerns for the Bladder Cancer Risk of E-Cigarette Smokers and Show Intensity of Traditional Smoking Increases Mortality Rate of Bladder Cancer Patients
- AUA 2017: Prescriptions for Some Urologic Conditions Show Alarming Trends in Public Health - Studies Question the Strategy of Prescribing Opioids and Other Medication
- AUA 2017: Methods for Testing and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Infectious Diseases Available - Studies explore alternatives for detecting and averting Zika and HPV
- AUA 2017: Female Pelvic Health Panel Investigates a Medication for HSDD, Low Serum Testosterone’s Association with SUI and Issues Surrounding Transvaginal and Vaginal Mesh
- AUA 2017: Does Cycling Affect Men’s and Women’s Sexual Health and Urinary Functions?