Centers of Excellence
From the Editor
Five Ways that Writing a Book Improved my Care of CRPC Patients - Charles Ryan
My first book, The Virility Paradox, came out in February. I have written about it before and an interview with me ( by UCSD Urologist Kelly Parsons) has been posted elsewhere on UroToday. It has been a four year project and, perhaps a bit melodramatically, I’ll use an overused word and call it a four year ‘journey’. Here I want to focus on how that process changed me as a physician and affected my care of patients. Hopefully, there’s a lesson here for other clinicians and patients.
Charles J. Ryan, MD
Charles J. Ryan, MD is Professor of Clinical Medicine and Urology and the Clinical Program Leader for Genitourinary Medical Oncology at the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center. He received his MD from the University of Wisconsin in Madison and completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, where he also served as Chief Resident. He completed a fellowship in medical oncology in the Department of Medicine at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and the Joan and Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University in New York.
EAU 2018 Prostate Cancer
- EAU 2018: Patient-Reported Outcome Measures in Men with Non-Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: Baseline Data from the PROSPER Trial March 19, 2018
- EAU 2018: Variation in Prevalence of High and Low Volume Metastatic Prostate Cancer from the Original Comparison in the STAMPEDE Trial March 18, 2018
- EAU 2018: Prostate Cancer: Immediate and Late Complications - Robotic March 18, 2018
- EAU 2018: Prostate Cancer: Immediate and Late Complications - Open March 18, 2018
- EAU 2018: Prostate-Specific Antigen Response in Men with Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Treated with Enzalutamide: Results from PROSPER March 18, 2018
- European Commission Approves Abiraterone Acetate + Prednisone for Early Stage Prostate Cancer
- EAU PCa 17: Hormone-naïve metastatic disease: How to treat it?
- EAU PCa 17: Castration resistant prostate cancer: Drug selection and treatment sequencing
- Abiraterone plus Prednisone in Metastatic, Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer
- CARG tool’s ability to predict older prostate cancer patients’ risk of toxicity: Beyond the Abstract