Centers of Excellence
From the Editor
John McCain, The Stocksdale Paradox, and Cancer Survivorship.
The flurry of media recently in reaction to Senator John McCain’s diagnosis of glioblastoma multiforme, a highly malignant brain tumor, touched right at the heart of where cancer fits in the American psyche: That it is a battle to be won.
Charles J. Ryan, MD
Charles J. Ryan, MD is Professor of Clinical Medicine and Urology and the Clinical Program Leader for Genitourinary Medical Oncology at the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center. He received his MD from the University of Wisconsin in Madison and completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, where he also served as Chief Resident. He completed a fellowship in medical oncology in the Department of Medicine at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and the Joan and Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University in New York.
- CUA 2017: Population-Based Analysis of Treatment Toxicity Among Men with Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC). June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Fatigue in Men with Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) Treated with Enzalutamide: Data from Randomized Clinical Trials. June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Impact of Abiraterone Acetate in Post-Docetaxel Setting on the Survival of Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Patients: A Population-Based Study in Quebec June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Liquid Biopsy in Personalizing CRPC Therapy. June 24, 2017
- Abiraterone plus Prednisone in Metastatic, Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer
- CARG tool’s ability to predict older prostate cancer patients’ risk of toxicity: Beyond the Abstract
- Prostate-specific Antigen Decline After 4 Weeks of Treatment with Abiraterone Acetate and Overall Survival in Patients with Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer.
- Low Incidence of Corticosteroid-associated Adverse Events on Long-term Exposure to Low-dose Prednisone Given with Abiraterone Acetate to Patients with Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer.
- A prospective study examining elder-relevant outcomes in older adults with prostate cancer undergoing treatment with chemotherapy or abiraterone.