A Phase 2/3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Abiraterone Acetate Plus Prednisone With or Without Abemaciclib in Patients With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
Condition: Prostate Cancer
Study Type: Interventional
Clinical Trials Identifier NCT 8-digits: NCT03706365
Sponsor: Eli Lilly and Company
Phase: Phase 2/Phase 3
- Age: minimum 18 Years maximum N/A
- Gender: Male
- Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Metastatic prostate cancer documented by positive bone scan and/or measurable soft tissue metastatic lesions by CT or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Progressive disease at study entry demonstrated during continuous androgen-deprivation therapy (ADT)/post orchiectomy defined as one or more of the following:
- PSA progression
- Radiographic progression per Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST)1.1 for soft tissue and/or per Prostate Cancer Working Group 3 (PCWG3) for bone, with or without PSA progression
- Have adequate organ function.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status (PS) 0-1.
- Prior therapy with cytochrome P450 (CYP)17 inhibitors.
- Prior treatment with abemaciclib or any cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 4 & 6 inhibitors.
- Prior cytotoxic chemotherapy for metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer (participants treated with docetaxel in the metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer [mHSPC] are eligible). Prior radiopharmaceuticals for prostate cancer, or prior enzalutamide, apalutamide, darolutamide or sipuleucel-T. Participants who had prior radiation or surgery to all target lesions.
- Currently enrolled in a clinical study involving an investigational product.
- Gastrointestinal disorder affecting the absorption or ability to swallow large pills.
- Clinically significant heart disease, active or chronic liver disease, moderate/severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B and C).
View trial on ClinicalTrials.gov