Local Cytoreductive Treatments for Men With Newly Diagnosed Metastatic Prostate Cancer in Addition to Standard of Care Treatment
Condition: Prostate Cancer, Metastatic Prostate Cancer
Study Type: Interventional
Clinical Trials Identifier NCT 8-digits: NCT03763253
Sponsor: Imperial College London
Phase: Phase 2
- Age: minimum 18 Years maximum N/A
- Gender: Male
- Diagnosed with prostate cancer within 6 months of screening visit
- Metastatic disease (Any T, Any N, M1+) of any grade, stage or Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) level.
- Fit to undergo standard of care treatment for metastatic disease and both minimally invasive therapy and prostate radiotherapy/prostatectomy.
- Performance status 0-2
- Histologically proven local tumour
- Patient did not undergo and/or is unable to undergo standard of care baseline imaging tests for confirmation of metastatic status (CT abdomen/pelvis AND chest Xray (or CT chest) AND radioisotope bone scan (or whole body imaging such as MRI or PET imaging as alternative to all preceding scans mentioned here) AND prostate MRI.
- Prior exposure to long-term androgen deprivation therapy or hormonal therapy for the treatment of prostate cancer unless started within 4 months of screening visit.
- Prior chemotherapy or local or systemic therapy for treatment of prostate cancer (apart from ADT or hormonal therapy as outlined above)
View trial on ClinicalTrials.gov