This is a summary of a systematic review update evaluating the current evidence regarding the comparative effectiveness and harms of treatment options for clinically localized prostate cancer.
The systematic review included 61 articles reporting on 52 eligible studies published from January 1, 2007, through March 7, 2014. The full report, listing all studies, is available at www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/prostate-cancer. This summary is provided to assist in informed clinical decisionmaking. However, reviews of evidence should not be construed to represent clinical recommendations or guidelines.
- Research Focus for Clinicians
- Summary of Key Findings and Strength of Evidence
- Other Findings of the Review
- Gaps in Knowledge and Limitations of the Evidence Base
- What To Discuss With Your Patients and/or Their Caregivers
- Companion Resource for Patients
- Ordering Information
2016 Mar 04 [Epub]
John M. Eisenberg Center for Clinical Decisions and Communications Science