A Phase 3, Open-label Study to Assess the Clinical Utility of Fluciclovine (18F) PET/CT in Patients With Prostate Cancer With Biochemical Recurrence After Radical Treatment
Condition: Cancer of the Prostate
Study Type: Interventional
Clinical Trials Identifier NCT 8-digits: NCT02578940
Sponsor: Blue Earth Diagnostics
Phase: Phase 3
- Age: minimum 18 Years maximum N/A
- Gender: Male
- The subject has had an original diagnosis of PCa and underwent radical curative therapy at least 3 months before enrolment, and has been diagnosed with biochemical recurrence (BCR) on the basis of: 1. Post radical radiotherapy (RRT) / brachytherapy: Increase in PSA level ≥2.0 ng/mL above the nadir level after radiotherapy (RT) or brachytherapy (ASTRO-Phoenix criteria) , or 2. Post radical prostatectomy (RP): EITHER two consecutive rises in PSA and final PSA >0.1ng/ml OR three consecutive rises in PSA., This definition is also applicable to subjects with PSA persistence post RP (where the PSA fails to fall to undetectable levels). i. In addition, the subject post RP, should have a PSA doubling time of ≤15 months OR PSA level ≥1.0 ng/mL at time of recruitment. The PSA doubling time will be calculated using the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center nomogram (http://www.mskcc.org/nomograms/prostate/psa-doubling-time), based on a minimum of two PSA levels within 12 months of screening, taken after the last recorded nadir PSA available at time of screening.
- The subject has not had previous recurrences of PCa, i.e. this is the first diagnosis of BCR.
- The subject is being considered for radical salvage therapy.
- The subject is able and willing to comply with study procedures, and signed, dated and timed informed consent is obtained before any study-related procedure is performed.
- The subject's Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group [ECOG] performance status 0-2.
- The subject should not have received androgen-deprivation therapy within 3 months of screening.
- The subject has a normal or clinically acceptable medical history and vital signs findings at screening (up to 14 days before administration of study drug).
- The subject has been previously included in this study.
- The subject has received, or is scheduled to receive, another investigational medicinal product (IMP) from 1 month before to 1 week after administration of fluciclovine (18F) injection.
- The subject has known hypersensitivity to fluciclovine (18F) injection or any of its constituents.
- The subject has had a choline PET/CT scan within 3 months of the screening visit.
- The subject has bilateral hip prostheses.
View trial on ClinicalTrials.gov