Scope: The focus of this center of excellence is on matters relating to systemic therapies for advanced prostate cancer, including nuances of treatment and patient characteristics, complications of therapy, and in best practice approaches, including multidisciplinary care models.
Special Focus: Treatment decision making for prostate cancer, including prostate cancer directed therapies as well as supportive treatments for men with advanced prostate cancer are a focus. We will consider the data indicating treatment efficacy and benefit, overall, side effect profile, and other systemic complications and comorbidities that can arise as a result to exposure to treatment.
Medium: This site will include write-ups highlighting best practices in areas of controversy or misunderstanding, summaries of newly released data, and expert commentary. It will also include slide presentations describing breaking news on treatment advances and meeting updates. Ideally we will record expert commentary on podcasts for download, including round table discussions of controversial areas and expert interpretation of new study information. We will use any mode necessary to connect clinicians in the community with academicians and experts in areas of interest or need.
- Best Practices and ADT: In biochemical recurrence (discretionary), Concurrent with radiation (primary therapy vs adjuvant radiation vs salvage radiation), and Post-operative ADT
- Complications of systemic therapy: considering metabolic and cardiovascular effects of long-term ADT
- Screening and prevention of complications of ADT
- Maximizing benefit for the patient and care team using a multidisciplinary care model
- Post-GU ASCO recap podcast – host a round table with questions about major reported studies within a few days (hours?) of GU ASCO
Published Date: March 14th, 2017