BCANTT 2020: Phase 3 Trial of Nadofaragene Firadenovec for High-Risk, BCG Unresponsive, Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer

(UroToday.com) Colin Dinney, MD, of the MD Anderson Cancer Center, discussed nadofaragene firadenovec. He reported the initial results of 30% complete response (CR) which prompted a phase III trial for bacillus calmette-Guerin (BCG) unresponsive high-risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC). A total of 157 patients were evaluated for safety with 151 patients for efficacy. At 3mo 53% had CR and 24% had CR at 12 mo. Patients with carcinoma in situ (CIS) versus no CIS CR at 12mo was 46% and 60%, respectively. A total of 8 (5%) patients progressed to ‚Č•T2 disease, however, they observed 65% cystectomy free survival at 2 years. Toxicity was minimal and overall administration well tolerated.

NadofarageneFiradenovec_PhaseIII.png


Presented by: Colin Dinney, MD, Chairman, Department of Urology, Division of Surgery, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX

Written by: Stephen B. Williams, MD, Medical Director for High-Value Care; Chief of Urology, Professor, Director of Urologic Oncology, Director Urologic Research, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, TX at the 2020 Virtual Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network Think Tank 2020.

Related Content:
Read: BCANTT 2020: Non-Muscle Invasive BCG Unresponsive Bladder Cancer
Watch: Results of the SUO CTC Phase III Nadofaragene Firadenovec Trial for BCG Unresponsive NMIBC - Colin Dinney
email news signup