Hereditary Leiomyomatosis Renal Cell Cancer (HLRCC): Identification of the Disease Gene and Characterization of the Predisposition to Renal Cancer
Condition: Renal Tumor Histology, Cutaneous Leiomyoma, Kidney Cancer
Study Type: Observational
Clinical Trials Identifier NCT 8-digits: NCT00050752
Sponsor: National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Age: minimum 2 Years maximum N/A
- Gender: All
- Patients suspected or known to have phenotype or genotype suggestive of Hereditary Leiomyomatosis and Renal Cell Cancer Syndrome (HLRCC), such as:
- Cutaneous leiomyoma and kidney cancer
- Cutaneous leiomyoma and uterine leiomyoma
- Multiple cutaneous leiomyoma
- Kidney cancer and uterine leiomyomata
- Renal tumor histology consistent with HRLRCC including, but not limited to: Collecting Duct and/or Papillary, Type II
- All patients and parents/guardians, for children younger than 18 years of age, must sign an informed consent document indicating their understanding of the investigational nature and the risks of this study before any protocol related studies are performed. Patients under the age of 18 but who are age 13 or older will be asked to sign an assent document prior to participation.
- Participants must be (Bullet) 2 years of age.
- A relative (related by blood) of a patient with a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of HLRCC.
- -Pregnant women are excluded from enrollment onto this study because there is no direct benefit for participating in the study.
View trial on ClinicalTrials.gov