The UCLA ASCAP Project is an Observational, Longitudinal, and Open-ended Study Aimed at Establishing a Structured Program of Non-interventional Follow-up for Localized Prostate Cancer.
Condition: Prostate Cancer
Study Type: Observational
Clinical Trials Identifier NCT 8-digits: NCT00949819
Sponsor: Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Age: minimum 30 Years maximum 85 Years
- Gender: Male
- Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Clinically localized prostate cancer: T1-2, NX or N0, MX or M
- No previous treatment for prostate cancer (including hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, or chemotherapy).
- Patient has elected Active Surveillance as preferred management plan for prostate cancer.
- Patient consent has been obtained according to local Institutional Review Board .
- Patient is accessible and compliant for follow-up.
- Unwillingness or inability to undergo serial prostate biopsy.
- Overall life expectancy less than 2 years
- Advanced prostate cancer
View trial on ClinicalTrials.gov