A Phase 1/2 Feasibility, Safety, and Activity Study of PSCA-Specific Chimeric Antigen Receptor Engineered T Cells (BPX-601) in Subjects With Previously Treated Advanced Solid Tumors
Condition: Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma, Gastric Adenocarcinoma, Prostate Adenocarcinoma
Study Type: Interventional
Clinical Trials Identifier NCT 8-digits: NCT02744287
Sponsor: Bellicum Pharmaceuticals
Phase: Phase 1/Phase 2
- Age: minimum 18 Years maximum N/A
- Gender: All
- Participants with either:
- Metastatic pancreatic cancer with tumor progression after one prior standard chemotherapy; or,
- Metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction cancer with tumor progression after one prior standard chemotherapy; or,
- Hormone-refractory prostate cancer with tumor progression following treatment with a taxane-containing regimen and at least one androgen synthesis inhibitor.
- Tumor with positive PSCA expression as determined by central testing.
- Participant has a radiographically measurable tumor.
- Age ≥18 years
- Participant has a life expectancy >12 weeks and is able to carry out daily life activities without difficulty (Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status 0 or 1).
- Participant has adequate venous access for apheresis or agree to use of a central line for apheresis collection
- Participant does not have significant side effects from previous anticancer treatment.
- Participant has adequate organ and blood cell counts.
- Sexually active participants must use medically acceptable methods of contraception for at least 1 year after study treatment.
- Participant agrees to undergo a tumor biopsy before and during treatment.
- Pancreatic cancer with islet cell neoplasms or symptomatic coagulopathy.
- Gastric/GEJ with:
- Abnormal kidney function
- Non-healing wound, peptic ulcer, or bone fracture within 4 weeks of study treatment
- History of gastric perforation and/or fistula within 6 months of study treatment
- Bowel obstruction, history or presence of other inflammatory enteropathy including Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, or chronic diarrhea
- Chronic treatment with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents or anti-platelet agents
- Significant bleeding disorder
- Symptomatic coagulopathy
- Prostate cancer with unstable bone lesions or symptomatic coagulopathy.
- Participant has a history of major surgery or treatment with other cancer therapy within 2-4 weeks before study treatment.
- Participant has an untreated brain tumor.
- Current severe, uncontrolled systemic disease including an ongoing, active infection requiring treatment with antibiotics within 2 weeks before study treatment.
- History of clinically significant heart problems.
- Participant is currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Participant requires chronic, systemic steroid therapy.
- Participant has an active, autoimmune disease that requires immunosuppressive therapy. Exceptions are vitiligo, type I diabetes, certain cases of hypothyroidism and psoriasis, or Hashimoto's thyroiditis on a stable dose of thyroid replacement therapy
- Participant is positive for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV.
View trial on ClinicalTrials.gov