FASTERCC: Folic Acid Supplement Versus Placebo for Treating Mucositis Adverse Events in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma Patients Receiving Targeted Therapy. A Randomized, Double-blind Trial From the Danish Renal Cancer Group (DARENCA Study-4)
Study Type: Interventional
Clinical Trials Identifier NCT 8-digits: NCT03581773
Sponsor: Frede Donskov
Phase: Phase 2
- Age: minimum 18 Years maximum N/A
- Gender: All
- Patients displaying CTCAE ≥2 mucositis during TKI, mTOR inhibitor or immunotherapy treatment.
- Signed written informed consent obtained prior to any study specific procedures.
- Patient must be willing and able to comply with the protocol.
- Age ≥
- Biopsy proven locally advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
- Females with a negative serum pregnancy test unless childbearing potential can be otherwise excluded (postmenopausal, hysterectomy or oophorectomy) and not lactating.
- Fertile women of childbearing potential (<2 years after last menstruation) and men must use effective means of contraception (oral contraceptives, intrauterine contraceptive device, barrier method of contraception in conjunction with spermicidal jelly or surgical sterilization).
- Karnofsky Performance status ≥ 60%.
- Known hypersensitivity to folic acid.
- Use of prednisolone more than 10 mg daily.
View trial on ClinicalTrials.gov