This PDQ cancer information summary has current information about the use of nutrition and dietary supplements for reducing the risk of developing prostate cancer or for treating prostate cancer.
FREE DAILY AND WEEKLY NEWSLETTERS OFFERED BY CONTENT OF INTEREST
Did you find this article relevant? Subscribe to UroToday-GUOncToday!
The fields of GU Oncology and Urology are advancing rapidly including new treatments, enrolling clinical trials, screening and surveillance recommendations along with updated guidelines. Join us as one of our subscribers who rely on UroToday as their must-read source for the latest news and data on drugs. Sign up today for blogs, video conversations, conference highlights and abstracts from peer-review publications by disease and condition delivered to your inbox and read on the go.
It is meant to inform and help patients, families, and caregivers. It does not give formal guidelines or recommendations for making decisions about health care. Editorial Boards write the PDQ cancer information summaries and keep them up to date. These Boards are made up of experts in cancer treatment and other specialties related to cancer. The summaries are reviewed regularly and changes are made when there is new information. The date on each summary ("Date Last Modified") is the date of the most recent change. The information in this patient summary was taken from the health professional version, which is reviewed regularly and updated as needed, by the PDQ Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine Editorial Board.
- Overview of CAM Use in Prostate Cancer
- Questions and Answers About Calcium
- Questions and Answers About Green Tea
- Questions and Answers About Lycopene
- Questions and Answers About Modified Citrus Pectin
- Questions and Answers About Pomegranate
- Questions and Answers About Selenium
- Questions and Answers About Soy
- Questions and Answers About Vitamin D
- Questions and Answers About Vitamin E
- Combination Therapies
- Other Prostate Health Supplements
- Changes to This Summary (09/18/2015)
- About This PDQ Summary
- General CAM Information
- Evaluation of CAM Approaches
- Questions to Ask Your Health Care Provider About CAM
- To Learn More About CAM
2015 Sep 23 [Epub]
PDQ Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine Editorial Board