The unique features of this paper are:
- To our knowledge, this is the largest reported series in minimally invasive surgery in penile cancer
- This is the first attempt to report complications in penile cancer surgery in a systematic way using Clavien-Dindo classification.
- All the data has been collected prospectively
- We have waited for 36 months since commencing to do this procedure to ensure oncological safety before publishing our results.
- In the authors’ experience of transfer from open surgery to minimally invasive, VEILND in penile cancer has had maximal positive impact in the quality of patient care compared to any other urological cancers like Prostate or Bladder cancer.
- Penile cancer is an under researched area due to rarity of disease and lack of centralisation in many countries
Written by: Vivekanandan Kumar
Read the Abstract