Home modeling after penile prosthesis implantation in the management of residual curvature in Peyronie's disease.

The aim of this study was to study the clinical effectiveness of a structured home modeling (HM) protocol in Peyronie's disease (PD) patients who have residual curvature up to 45° after inflatable penile prosthesis (PP) placement. A total of 92 patients with PD and coexistent refractory erectile dysfunction received inflatable PP. If residual curvature after manual modeling (MM) was more than 45°, incision-grafting was performed. If curvature was <45° after MM, patients were instructed to perform HM daily for 6 months, after 4 weeks from PP implantation. The mean preoperative penile curvature was 39.4 ± 5.7° (30-60). Sixteen (17.4%) patients required incision-grafting and the remaining 76(82.6%) patients followed HM protocol. The mean postoperative residual curvature after MM was 29.7 ± 3.2° (5-50). Sixty-five (85.5%) patients who underwent HM had 10° or less residual curvature after 3 months and 72 (94.7%) patients had 10° or less residual curvature after 6 months. Seventy (92.1%) patients responded as satisfied or very satisfied on the questionnaire with the outcome after 6 months. HM of the penis over Inflatable PP may straighten the penis without the need for an additional surgical maneuver in vast majority of the PD patients having residual curvature of <45°.

International journal of impotence research. 2020 Jul 08 [Epub ahead of print]

Ignacio Moncada, Pramod Krishnappa, Julmar Ascencios, Inigo Lopez, Juan Ignacio Martinez-Salamanca

Department of Urology and Robotic Surgery, Hospital Universitario La Zarzuela, Madrid, Spain., Department of Urology and Andrology, NU Hospitals, Bengaluru, India. ., Department of Urology, Hospital Puerta De Hierro Majadahonda & Lyx Institute of Urology, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, Madrid, Spain.

email news signup