Hypo-fractionated Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Localized Prostate Cancer
Condition: Prostate Cancer
Study Type: Observational
Clinical Trials Identifier NCT 8-digits: NCT01059513
Sponsor: Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Age: minimum 18 Years maximum N/A
- Gender: Male
- Eligible patients will have clinical stage T1c, T2a, or T2b, a pre-biopsy PSA level <10 ng/mL and a biopsy Gleason score of 3+3 (or 3+4 if fewer than 30% of biopsy cores are involved).
- The ability to understand and willingness to sign a written informed consent are necessary.
- Patients with tumor parameters that fall outside of the inclusion criteria.
- Patients with evidence on imagining (bone scan, CT, or MRI) suggestive of disseminated disease.
- Patients who have had any form of prior prostate treatment (surgery, radiotherapy, cryotherapy, high intensity focused ultrasound, TURP).
- A prior course of hormone therapy (androgen deprivation) of greater than 3 months duration.
- The use of other concurrent investigational agents.
- There are no exclusions due to co-morbid disease or illnesses except for patients with severe inflammatory bowel disease.
- No life expectancy restrictions will apply.
- Performance status will not be considered.
View trial on ClinicalTrials.gov