Centers of Excellence
The Latest Research on Urology Imaging
From the Editor
The field of nuclear medicine has seen a resurgence in relevance especially in the area of prostate cancer imaging and therapy. Dr. Evan Yu adeptly summarizes the promising potential of PSMA radioligand therapies in his October 2018 post in the Clinical Trials section of UroToday. We look forward to seeing his future article regarding diagnostic trials evaluating various PSMA targeted agents.
Phillip J. Koo, MD is the Division Chief of Diagnostic Imaging at the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center in Arizona. Prior to this, he was Chief of Nuclear Medicine and Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. He is a diplomate of both the American Board of Radiology (ABR) and American Board of Nuclear Medicine and is the Chair of the Quality and Evidence Committee for the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
ESMO 2018 Prostate Cancer
- ESMO 2018: Update on Diagnosis and Treatment of Localized Prostate Cancer October 21, 2018
- ESMO 2018: The Surgical Approach for Malignant Pheochromocytoma / Paraganglioma October 20, 2018
AUA 2018 Northeastern Section
- WCE 2018: Small Renal Masses - Imaging September 24, 2018
- WCE 2018: Radiations Risk: Much Ado about Nothing? – Radiationless Surgery September 22, 2018
- WCE 2018: Radiation Risk: Much Ado About Nothing? - Radiation is Necessary September 22, 2018
- EAU PCa 2018: Imaging of Local Relapse After Local Treatment of Prostate Cancer September 15, 2018
- EAU PCa 2018: Is There a Place for PET Scanning in the Primary Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer? September 15, 2018
- EAU PCa 2018: When to Use MRI in the Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer? September 14, 2018
EAU 2018 Prostate Cancer
- EAU 2018: Game Changer Prostate Evaluation for Clinically Important Disease: Sampling Using Image-Guidance Or Not? - The PRECISION Study March 19, 2018
ASCO GU 2018 Prostate Cancer
- ASCO GU 2018: Ability of multiparametric MRI to predict prostate tumor heterogeneity on targeted biopsy February 9, 2018
- ASCO GU 2018: Daily Versus Weekly Prostate Cancer image-guided Radiotherapy: A Phase 3, Multi-center, Randomized Trial February 9, 2018
SUO 2017 - Prostate Cancer
- SUO 2017: The Need of CT Imaging for Staging High Risk Prostate Cancer December 2, 2017
- SUO 2017: Optimal Timing of Adjuvant and Salvage Radiation Following Radical Prostatectomy November 30, 2017
- SUO 2017: Advanced Imaging in Prostate Cancer: PET/MRI of Prostate Cancer November 29, 2017
- SUO 2017: Advanced Imaging in Prostate Cancer: [11C] Choline November 29, 2017
- SUO 2017: Advanced Imaging in Prostate Cancer: [18F] FACBC November 29, 2017
SUO 2017 - Bladder Cancer
- SUO 2017: Toward Better Clinical Staging - Molecular Imaging in Muscle Invasive and Metastatic Bladder Cancer December 1, 2017
2017 Quality Improvements Summit
- AUA QI Summit 2017: Resources from the American College of Radiology to Support Stewardship of Imaging Radiology Support, Communication and Alignment Network (R-SCAN) October 23, 2017
ESMO 2017 Prostate Cancer
- CUA 2017: Correlation of Transperineal Prostate Biopsy-Detected Cancer with Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Predicted Lesion in Patients with Previous Negative Transrectal Ultrasound-Guided Prostate Biopsies June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Potential Role of a Novel Urinary Biomarker-Based Risk Score to Select Patients for Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Prostate Cancer Detection June 26, 2017
- CUA 2017: Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Targeted vs. Systematic Biopsies in Men on Active Surveillance: Results of a Prospective, Randomized Canadian Urology Research Consortium Trial. June 25, 2017
- CUA 2017: Defining a Cohort of Men Who May Not Require Repeat Prostate Biopsy Based on Negative Predictive Value of PCA3 and MRI Combined: The Double-Negative Effect June 25, 2017
- CUA 2017: Chemotherapy and Novel Hormones in “Low Volume” Hormone-Sensitive Metastatic Prostate Cancer June 25, 2017
- CUA 2017: Role of MRI in Diagnosing Prostate Cancer June 25, 2017
- TAT-10: Spectroscopic and Computational Studies of Actinium Coordination Chemistry June 21, 2017
- TAT-10: High-resolution Alpha Camera imaging as a tool for developing Targeted Alpha Therapy June 21, 2017
ASCO 2017 Prostate Cancer
- ASCO 2017: How Advances in Molecular Imaging Have Changed Our Understanding of State and Stage of the Disease June 6, 2017
- ASCO 2017: A 17-gene panel for prediction of adverse surgical pathology in the setting of MRI-guided prostate biopsy June 6, 2017
- ASCO 2017: Effect of Ga-68 PSMA-11 PET on management in patients with recurrent prostate cancer June 6, 2017
- ASCO 2017: Incidence of intrathoracic metastases detected by 68Ga-PSMA-11 PET in early stage prostate cancer June 6, 2017
ASCO GU 2017 Penile, Urethral & Testicular Cancer
- ASCO GU 2017: How best to treat locally advanced penile cancer: radiation versus surgery - Session Highlights February 18, 2017
ASCO GU 2017 Kidney Cancer
- ASCO GU 2017: Novel Imaging Modality: Radiographic Biopsy - Session Highlights February 18, 2017
- ASCO GU 2017: Contemporary Role of Percutaneous Biopsy for the Small Renal Mass - Session Highlights February 18, 2017
- ASCO GU 2017: Best of journals: Renal Cell Carcinoma - Radiologist - Session Highlights February 18, 2017
- A Clinician’s Guide to Next Generation Imaging in Patients with Advanced Prostate Cancer (Prostate Cancer Radiographic Assessments for Detection of Advanced Recurrence [RADAR] III)
- MRI-Targeted or Standard Biopsy for Prostate-Cancer Diagnosis
- Novel PET Imaging Agent Targets Copper in Tumors to Detect Prostate Cancer Recurrence Early
- PSMA PET/CT Clearly Differentiates Prostate Cancer from Benign Tissue
- PET Scan Identifies Which Prostate Cancer Patients Can Benefit from Salvage Radiation Treatment
- Novel Nuclear Medicine Test Can Identify Kidney Transplant Infection
- Theranostics: Paintball Targeting of Cancer Cells Combined with Precision Therapy
- Systemic Radioligand Therapy with (177)Lu Labeled Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen Ligand for Imaging and Therapy in Patients with Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer.
- First Human Application of Novel PET Tracer for Prostate Cancer
- Preclinical Evaluation of 11C-Sarcosine as a Substrate of Proton-Coupled Amino Acid Transporters and First Human Application in Prostate Cancer.
- Patterns of failure after radical prostatectomy in prostate cancer – implications for radiation therapy planning after 68Ga-PSMA-PET imaging: Beyond the Abstract
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT: Beyond the Abstract
- Radium-223-Dichloride in Castration Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer-Preliminary Results of the Response Evaluation Using F-18-Fluoride PET/CT
- A Prospective Trial of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) Incorporating a Simultaneous Integrated Boost for Prostate Cancer: Long-term Outcomes Compared With Standard Image Guided IMRT: Beyond the Abstract
- Comparison of standard and delayed imaging to improve the detection rate of [(68)Ga]PSMA I&T PET/CT in patients with biochemical recurrence or prostate-specific antigen persistence after primary therapy for prostate cancer.
- (68)Ga-PSMA PET/CT: Joint EANM and SNMMI procedure guideline for prostate cancer imaging: version 1.0.
- 68 Ga-PSMA Uptake by Dermatofibroma in a Patient With Prostate Cancer.
- Rare Sites of Metastases in Prostate Cancer Detected on Ga-68 PSMA PET/CT Scan-A Case Series.
- Clinical translation of a PSMA inhibitor for (99m)Tc-based SPECT.
- Co-Delivery of Docetaxel and p44/42 MAPK siRNA Using PSMA Antibody-Conjugated BSA-PEI Layer-by-Layer Nanoparticles for Prostate Cancer Target Therapy.
- PET imaging of (64)Cu-DOTA-scFv-anti-PSMA lipid nanoparticles (LNPs): Enhanced tumor targeting over anti-PSMA scFv or untargeted LNPs.
- (44)Sc-PSMA-617 for radiotheragnostics in tandem with (177)Lu-PSMA-617-preclinical investigations in comparison with (68)Ga-PSMA-11 and (68)Ga-PSMA-617.
- Optimization of labeling PSMAHBED with 68Ga and its quality control systems.
- Imaging of Prostate-Specific Membrane Antigen Expression in Metastatic Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Using 68Ga-HBED-CC-PSMA PET/CT.
- SNMMI 2016: PET/CT Imaging of Prostate Cancer Proves Accurate Biopsy Guide
- SNMMI 2016: Fluciclovine F18 (FACBC): An Amino Acid Tracer for the Staging of Recurrence Prostate Cancer
- SNMMI 2016: 11C-acetate PET/CT accurately predicts prostate-cancer specific survival in patients with biochemical relapse after prostatectomy
- SNMMI 2016: Fluciclovine F18 PET-CT scanning in patients with high-risk primary prostate carcinoma
- SNMMI 2016: Application of 18F-labeled PSMA-imaging using [18F]DCFPyL at very low PSA-values may allow curative treatment in recurrent prostate cancer.