Male Infertility

Effectiveness of Nutritional Therapies in Male Factor Infertility Treatment: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis.

Nutritional therapies are effective alternative treatments for male infertility or subfertility. These are cost-effective and easily implementable, unlike other advanced invasive treatments. Even moderate improvements in sperm quality could improve spontaneous pregnancy.

The Impact of Human Papilloma Virus on Human Reproductive Health and the Effect on Male Infertility: An updated Review.

It is believed that human papilloma virus infection (HPV), which is caused by the DNA virus, is the most prominent factor contributing to sexually transmitted disease (STD) in the world, with males having a prevalence rate of 3.

SARS-CoV-2 and male infertility: from short- to long-term impacts.

The coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic-caused by a new type of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)-has posed severe impacts on public health worldwide and has resulted in a total of > 6 million deaths.

The role of physical agents' exposure in male infertility: A critical review.

A decrease in semen quality is an increasingly widespread pathological condition worldwide. Jobs and lifestyles have changed a lot with the advancement of technology in the last few decades, and a new series of risk factors for male infertility have spread.

A Comparative Analysis of Ergonomic Risk Utilizing the 4K-3D Exoscope Versus Standard Operating Microscope for Male Fertility Microsurgery - Beyond the Abstract

This is a novel study showing 4K-3D exoscope use reduces ergonomic risks for urologic microsurgeons

A recent study published in the journal "Urology" has found that using a 4K-3D exoscope may reduce the ergonomic risks for urologic microsurgeons. The study involved calibrating the surgeon with wearable sensor inertial measurement units (IMUs) on the head and upper arms to measure joint angle changes during microscopic procedures.

The Dual Role of Oxidants in Male (In)fertility: Every ROSe Has a Thorn.

The role of oxidative stress (OS) in male infertility as a primary etiology and/or concomitant cause in other situations, such as inflammation, varicocele and gonadotoxin effects, is well documented.

Seminal Extracellular Vesicles and Their Involvement in Male (In)Fertility: A Systematic Review.

Seminal plasma contains numerous extracellular vesicles (sEVs). Since sEVs are apparently involved in male (in)fertility, this systematic review focused on studies specifically investigating such relationship.

Mass Spectrometry-Based Untargeted Approaches to Reveal Diagnostic Signatures of Male Infertility in Seminal Plasma: A New Laboratory Perspective for the Clinical Management of Infertility?

Male infertility has been recognized as a global health problem. Semen analysis, although considered the golden standard, may not provide a confident male infertility diagnosis alone. Hence, there is the urgent request for an innovative and reliable platform to detect biomarkers of infertility.

Impact of Varicocele Repair on Semen Parameters in Infertile Men: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis - Beyond the Abstract

Approximately 15% of couples in the United States are considered infertile, after being unsuccessful at achieving a pregnancy for 1 year with unprotected intercourse.  Of these couples, a male factor is solely responsible for 20% of these cases, while it is a contributing factor in combination with female infertility factors in an additional 40%, suggesting that 60% of infertile couples include a male factor involvement.1

Serum interleukin-38 and -41 levels as candidate biomarkers in male infertility.

Interleukin (IL)-38 and IL-41 are novel cytokines, but their role in male infertility (MI) is unknown. The purpose of this study was to measure the levels of serum IL-38 and IL-41 in patients with MI and correlate these levels with semen indexes.