ALEXANDRIA, VA USA (Press Release) -
FREE DAILY AND WEEKLY NEWSLETTERS OFFERED BY CONTENT OF INTEREST
Did you find this article relevant? Subscribe to UroToday-GUOncToday!
The fields of GU Oncology and Urology are advancing rapidly including new treatments, enrolling clinical trials, screening and surveillance recommendations along with updated guidelines. Join us as one of our subscribers who rely on UroToday as their must-read source for the latest news and data on drugs. Sign up today for blogs, video conversations, conference highlights and abstracts from peer-review publications by disease and condition delivered to your inbox and read on the go.
An embargoed presscast via live teleconference and webinar will highlight four notable studies from the 2014 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium.
- Results from a randomized, double-blind, phase III trial evaluating enzalutamide in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer who had not previously received chemotherapy
- Findings from a Scandinavian Prostate Cancer Group VII trial analyzing 10- and 15-year prostate cancer-specific survival in patients with nonmetastatic high-risk prostate cancer randomized to lifelong hormone treatment alone or combined with radiotherapy
- A retrospective study investigating the impact of a common hypertension drug on survival rates of patients with metastatic renal cell cancer
- A literature review on the early termination of genitourinary cancer clinical trials
The presscast will take place on Tuesday, January 28 from 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM(EST).
ACCESS TO EMBARGOED PRESS MATERIALS
Login information for the January 28 presscast and the embargoed press release are now available to reporters with approved ASCO media credentials through ASCO's Media Headquarters (HQ). To access the login information:
- Log on to Media HQ at http://mediahq.asco.org
- Click on the "Libraries" tab
- Click on the "2014 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium" library. Links to the January 28 presscast login information and embargoed press release are available on this page.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
You must have approved ASCO media credentials in order to participate in the embargoed presscast. To obtain or renew your credentials, please visit ASCO's online Media Headquarters at http://mediahq.asco.org and submit your credentials request no later than Monday, January 27. For assistance, contact or (571) 483-1365. If you received credentials for the ASCO Annual Meeting, you do not need to complete on-site meeting registration in order to access the presscast and embargoed materials.
NEWS AND INFORMATION
Please visit the Genitourinary Cancers Symposium Media Resource Center for detailed information about this year's Symposium, including:
- How to obtain or renew media credentials
- Meeting press releases
- Genitourinary Cancers Fact Sheet
- General information about the meeting and meeting co-sponsors
The embargo will lift on all abstracts part of the 2014 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium on Tuesday, January 28 at 5:00 PM EST. Abstracts will be publicly posted on http://www.gucasym.org/.